The Rossing joint venture near Arandis, Namibia, is one of the oldest and largest uranium mines in the world and one of the uranium supply sources that has been affected by COVID-19.
Source: Christian Ender/Getty Images News via Getty Images Uranium equities have had a banner start to the year as positive business fundamentals seemed to collide with the chaos of Reddit-fueled market chaos.
Shares in Cameco Corp. jumped above $14 for the second time in 2021 during the week of Feb. 1, increasing year on year from a share price of about $8.30. The company operates the largest uranium-producing mine in the world, Cigar Lake in Saskatchewan, Canada, and has suffered significant losses due to production stuttering related to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. The Global X Funds – Global X Uranium ETF, an exchange-traded fund that provides investors with broader exposure to uranium mining, booked similar […]
Click here to view original web page at www.spglobal.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!