General financial market volatility continues to impact on the spot uranium market as utilities concentrate on securing term market supply.
-Financial markets remain volatile
-Uranium stocks swept up in sell-offs
-Utilities careful in securing supply amidst uncertainty
The spot uranium market continues to be drawn into the gravitation pull of financial markets in general, which are currently undergoing extensive volatility, now being seen as much as a financial investment product as a physical commodity.This is most evident in the impact on the share prices of uranium producers, industry consultant TradeTech notes, which have continued to be sold down in line with equity markets as a whole. The uranium price now exhibits greater sensitivity to trends and developments that impact investor sentiment consistent with other commodities.The escalating war in Ukraine has further created concern about possible Russian export sanctions and the uncertainty of future nuclear fuel deliveries being made. In […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content