Cameco will restart furloughed production, at a slower rate, while European taxonomy has Macron eyeing off a swathe of new reactors.
-Cameco to restart McArthur River
-Macron wants to build 14 reactors
-SPUT piles back into the uranium spot market
Canada’s Cameco reported December quarter earnings last week, and revealed a new “supply discipline”, industry consultant TradeTech reports.The uranium miner’s McArthur River mine and Key Lake Mill, previously furloughed due to weak uranium prices and then covid, will restart production/processing in 2024 targeting 15mlbs annual U3O8 output. However 15mlbs is -40% below licensed capacity.Production at Cameco’s Cigar Lake mine will at the same time be reduced to an annual 13.5mlbs, or -25% below capacity. The net result is group production -33% below capacity.The intention is to extend the life of Cigar Lake, in a time of an unbalanced uranium market, and to postpone the need for new projects in […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fnarena.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!