As the uranium spot price falls by -1% for the week, (re)emerging and prospective uranium miners may utilise advances in technology and innovation to remain competitive.
-Can advances in technology circumvent current low prices for emerging producers?
-The in-situ recovery mining method accounts for over 60% of uranium production
-Uranium spot price falls by -1% for the week
Given the potential economic and environmental benefits, independent consultant TradeTech explores arguably the most recent successful technology in uranium mining.The in-situ recovery (ISR) mining method, often lower cost than conventional mining, accounts for over 60% of production today and has contributed to a highly competitive supply environment.Such advances in technology and innovation represent a viable path forward for (re)emerging producers at a time when the prevailing uranium market prices remain below the cost of production for many miners.Through the 1990’s, ISR contributed less than 15% of world uranium production. Then, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content