Current uncertainty around geopolitical and jurisdictional risks is leading to a drying up of uranium spot market interest.
-Ongoing uncertainty as war continues
-Thin trading in U3O8 spot market
-Ongoing global push to extend nuclear capacity
The spot uranium market continued to show signs of limited liquidity last week, industry consultant TradeTech reports. Financial entities remain the primary buyer for delivery of spot uranium as utilities, traders, and others continue to look toward the mid- and longer-term markets for their purchases.This appears counterintuitive since the current spot price sits below mid- and long-term uranium prices. However, not only is demand thin in the spot delivery window, but availability of material within the spot period of 90 days is thin as well.Given the current uncertainty around geopolitical and jurisdictional risks that seems to increase as the war rages on, utilities, producers, and even traders will have taken action to cover […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content