Action from the US Supreme Court last week has sent shock waves through the US green energy markets, while utilities are now even more urgently seeking secure supply.
-SCOTUS rules in favour of US fossil fuels
-US government begins to build strategic uranium reserve
-Stranded Canadian ship still causing angst
The US Supreme Court last week ruled that the US Congress did not give environmental regulators broad authority to author regulations aimed at utilities and their carbon emissions. The ruling is expected to have far-reaching impacts on government regulatory bodies, uranium industry consultant TradeTech suggests, and their authority to combat climate change by forcing a shift from coal to other forms of energy production through US state-level emissions reduction targets.The Court’s conservative majority agreed the US Environmental Protection Agency had overstepped its authority in enforcing its Obama-era environmental regulations, and that Congress is the rightful body to incept and […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fnarena.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!