Uranium stocks are on the rise as demand grows with nuclear power touted as essential to meeting zero emissions goals by 2050. The uranium industry is setting up for an accelerated rise in prices with a supply deficit looming and demand growing as governments target ‘cleaner and greener’ energy sources – a sector in which nuclear power didn’t seem to be considered until now.
Nuclear power has been sidelined by governments for years, hampered by its dangerous association with the atomic bomb and radioactive disasters. However, it is recently regaining attraction for its low emissions, ability to reliably provide baseload electricity around the clock and its relatively low cost as a generation fuel.
One of the first tasks new US President Joe Biden undertook in January was the country’s reinstatement to the Paris climate agreement and while it’s not clear as yet what he’ll do to meet the pact’s emissions goals, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content