(Kitco News) Nuclear energy is seeing a major comeback with the demand for uranium stocks soaring, said Scott Melbye, Uranium Royalty Corp CEO and executive VP of Uranium Energy Corp.
"Demand for uranium and nuclear generation has responded back to pre-Fukushima levels. We’ve seen 57 new reactors come online around the world," Melbye told Michelle Makori, editor-in-chief of Kitco News.
Uranium is currently trading around $45, and due to this year’s "mega-trend," it has the potential to go towards $100.
"In my 37 years in this industry, I haven’t seen society really facing this kind of a conundrum. Policymakers and society, in general, want to move to cleaner carbon-free energy, but the math and science haven’t exactly added up on how we get there," Melbye said.This is why nuclear energy has been seeing such an uptick in popularity, Melbye noted. "We’ve seen $10,000 electric bills in Texas. We’ve seen blackouts in California. […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content