"An increase in uranium buying interest from the utility and non-end user sectors has resulted in higher offers for all buyers in the mid- and long-term delivery periods,” said TradeTech President Treva Klingbiel. The uranium market continues to observe high transaction volume, which reached a new record in September with 14.5 million pounds U3O8 (triuranium oxide) equivalent transacted in the spot market—the largest transaction volume recorded in a single month since 1996, according to industry consultant TradeTech.
This is the second consecutive month for record transaction volumes in the uranium spot market. A total of 13.2 million pounds U3O8 equivalent traded hands during the month of August, notes TradeTech, the longest-running uranium price reporter.
In August, the increase in the spot uranium price outpaced prices observed in the mid- and long-term market sectors. However, that trend was reversed in September. Beginning in the second half of the month, spot prices started […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content