Uranium has been one of the top-performing energy and mining market segments over the past few months. The popular Global X Uranium ETF ( URA ) has risen 70% since November of last year and the industry seems to be gaining momentum. The rally came as the major global producer Cameco ( CCJ ) reported a surprise Q4 profit and better than expected revenues . Indeed, Cameco’s production declined 44% YoY which has caused global U308 prices to increase, making many chronically unprofitable miners nearly profitable.
The current rally is one of the strongest for the uranium market in years. Most uranium mining companies have declined since their last bull market in the 2000s that created immense gains for early investors. The ongoing rally has caused many investors to wonder if a similar secular bull-market is in-store. According to the Bank of America , the recent delay in nuclear plant […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content