Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here! (Kitco News) – Kazakhstan’s Kazatomprom (LSE: KAP), the world’s largest uranium producer, announced today that the company produced 2,729 tonnes of uranium (as U3O8) in Q2 2022 on an attributable basis, which is 11% lower than in Q2 2021 (3,073 tonnes).
According to the company’s press-release, overall, uranium production in Kazakhstan (100% of KAP and its partners’ production) was 5,116 tonnes in Q2 2022, a 7% decline over Q2 2021 (5,526 tonnes).
"Production on a 100% basis was lower in the second quarter compared to the same period in 2021, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on wellfield development in 2021," the company said in a statement.
KAP explained that there is typically an eight- to ten-month lag […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content