Catch up and get informed with this week’s content highlights from Charlotte McLeod, our editorial director. Top Stories This Week: Gold’s Path After Tapering News, Talking Uranium with Sprott
The US Federal Reserve was in focus in the gold space this past week as investors waited for comments from its latest meeting, held from Tuesday (November 2) to Wednesday (November 3).
The Fed was anticipated to announce plans to ease its bond-buying program, and that is in fact what happened .
The central bank is now buying US$120 billion worth of bonds a month, but said that in the coming weeks it will start cutting that amount by US$15 billion a month. If it keeps up that pace, bond buying would end in June 2022.Speaking directly after the news, Gareth Soloway of InTheMoneyStocks.com told me that this flexibility from the Fed is something the market loves because it indicates […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content