The US is fertile ground for a variety of minerals, and Canadian companies are active throughout the country. The Northern Miner presents its Top 10 list of the biggest Canada-based firms with substantial assets in the U.S., by market capitalization, as of July 7, 2021. The data was compiled by our sister company, MiningIntelligence. Barrick Gold
Market capitalization: C$47.23 billion ($37.98 billion) The Cortez mine at Nevada Gold Mines, part of a joint venture between Barrick Gold and Newmont Goldcorp. ( Toronto-based Barrick Gold (TSX: ABX; NYSE: GOLD) has projects in 13 countries worldwide. But the company’s U.S. operations have been crucial in maintaining its leading position on the list, especially its operations in Nevada.
In 2019, the company joined forces with Newmont (TSX: NGT; NYSE: NEM) to create Nevada Gold Mines (NGM). NGM oversees the world’s largest gold mining complex, with assets that include ten underground mines and 12 […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content