As a vital commodity for countries that use nuclear power, Australia’s next wave of uranium miners are hoping to launch themselves into the export market to capitalise on the potential of a revival in prices.
Australia has the largest uranium resource in the world at 1.174 million tonnes or 34 per cent of the global total.
While it is the third largest producer of the commodity, there are currently only three active uranium mines in Australia as 2021 begins.
The fuel for nuclear power reactors, uranium is a cleaner source of power compared with fossil fuels such as coal and oil.According to the World Nuclear Association, the energy density of uranium means that one kilogram of the commodity is the power equivalent to one tonne of coal, with nuclear power contributing to 10.5 per cent of the world’s electricity.Australia, however, is the only G20 country with a federal government ban on […]
Click here to view original web page at www.australianmining.com.au
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!