Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here! (Kitco News) – Sprott Inc’s foray into the uranium market appears to be paying off as prices have recently climbed to new decade highs with an increase in trading activity.
According to some analysts, the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust (NYSE: U.U), which began trading July 19, is a critical factor behind the recent push in the energy metal’s price. The Trust gives investors direct access to physical metal.
According to TradeTech, which tracks uranium, the price is currently trading around $33.80 per pound. In 2008 the metal was trading around $136 a pound.
In an interview with Kitco News, when the Trust first launched, Peter Grosskopf, CEO of Sprott Inc., said he saw this as a game-changer for the Uranium […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content