akinbostanci/iStock via Getty Images Investment Thesis
The Sprott (NYSE: SII ) stock price has had a relatively turbulent 2022, where it sold off initially, then recovered substantially, to finally decline with most stocks over the last few weeks. Data by YCharts Figure 1 – Source: YCharts
Historically, Sprott has traded mostly with the precious metals industry. More recently, the stock has had a very close correlation with the uranium industry. Part of it makes sense given that the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust ( OTCPK:SRUUF ) and Sprott Uranium Miners ETF ( URNM ) have increased the exposure to the industry. However, the vast majority of Sprott’s AUM is precious metals focused and only 20-25% is in uranium.
Sprott is a company which has had very impressive AUM and earnings growth over the last few years, but that has also been reflected in the stock price. Figure 2 – Source: Quarterly […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content