jotily/iStock via Getty Images Thesis
Several days ago, I published an article entitled Go Long the Nuclear Revival which concluded by recommending investing in uranium through the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust ( OTCPK:SRUUF ). While the reasoning and arguments made in the piece still stand and I believe will be valid over the longer-term, the immediate risks posed to the sector by the ongoing war in Ukraine make investing in uranium too risky in the short-term. For that reason, I have liquidated my holdings in the trust and plan to avoid the sector until the situation in Ukraine stabilizes and fighting has stopped. Geopolitical Risk
It’s often advisable to ignore the noise and low-level everyday political rumblings when investing. Better to focus instead on company fundamentals and industry trends. Some events however, such as major geopolitical shifts like the one going on in Europe need to be incorporated into […]
Click here to view original web page at seekingalpha.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!