Rick Rule, well-known mining investor and president & CEO of Sprott US Holdings, began his career in the securities business in 1974 and has been principally involved in natural resource stock investments ever since.
He has financed numerous exploration and mining companies over his 45-year career.
Last week, Rule spoke to Stockhead’s Oriel Morrison about his investment strategies as a contrarian investor, why the easy money in uranium has been made, and why gold is the next big contrarian play.Here are the highlights. Scroll to the bottom to watch the full interview. What is contrarian investing? “To quote Buffet – ‘Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when other are fearful’,” Rule says.“Most people prefer to buy commodities when they are already popular.“Contrarian investing is looking for out-of-favour opportunities or better yet, opportunities in sectors that are hated.“Natural resources provides such a wonderful opportunity to do that because […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content