The Series VIII of the sovereign gold bond (SGB) scheme has come at a tricky time. Gold has given a return of 30 percent over the past two years. But gold prices fell in August and have been subdued since. However, after the Presidential election in the US, gold prices are back in action. In the domestic market, the demand for gold jewellery and bullion is expected increase during the festive season. In the past few years, many investors have started buying gold through the mutual fund and SGB routes. So, are SGBs a good investment option for investors?
What’s on offer
The SGBs will be issued to investors at Rs 5177 per bond. If the investor opts to pay using digital modes, then they get a discount of Rs 50 per bond – the issue price will be Rs 5127 in such cases. The bonds will pay 2.5 […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content