Do you own a uranium stock? The segment has taken off in recent months. But is this rally a temporary blip on the radar or a sign of bigger things to come? Let’s look at whether Cameco (TSX:CCO) (NYSE:CCJ) in particular finally warrants a place in your portfolio. Uranium prices are on the move: Why does this matter?
The spot price for uranium has stayed over US$40 per pound since September. In fact, the price is now over US$45 per pound. This brings uranium miners such as Cameco closer to profitability. Additionally, it also starts the process of erasing nearly a decade of depressed pricing and weak demand.
To put that into context, it was nearly a decade ago that that uranium traded north of US$45. In the aftermath of the 2011 Fukushima disaster, demand for nuclear power and, by extension, uranium dropped dramatically. A series of new reactors […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content