Kane Biotech’s Coactiv+™ Technology Could Address a Pricey and Painful Problem: Lack of Healing in Chronic Wounds Due to Microbial Biofilm Formation
Chronic wounds are a persistent and pricey problem for patients and health care systems around the world.
Defined as “wounds that fail to proceed through the normal phases of wound healing in an orderly and timely manner,” chronic wounds range from severe burns to bedsores to diabetic ulcers.
Whatever the cause, they all carry costs in medical care as well as pain and decreased quality of life, and many can be attributed to something you may have never heard of: biofilms.“Biofilms are formed when bacteria and/or fungi adhere to surfaces and excrete a glue-like substance that acts as an anchor and provides protection from the environment,” making “bacteria up to 1,000 times more resistant to antibiotics, antimicrobial agents, disinfectants and the host immune system,” according to Kane Biotech […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content