MONTHLY ATHABASCA BASIN EXPLORATION UPDATE April 2022 Geopolical Risk and Uranium Mining: A Quick Overview Source: INN The conﬂict in Ukraine shines a light on both the pivotal role of geopolics in uranium supply and the importance of geopolical stability. Conﬂict in Eastern Europe has had a sig- niﬁcant impact on uranium prices, pung up to 16.5 percent of global supply at risk. This is not the ﬁrst me geopolical tensions have impacted the uranium market, either. Given that uranium is a crucial fuel source for nuclear energy, investors, mining agencies and energy companies alike must factor geopolical risk into their decision making. Operang at a global scale has always been somewhat challenging. Global mining companies must typically navigate mulple processes and policies around exploraon, discovery and producon. They must also understand the geopolical climate of each region in which they operate and the likelihood of that climate disrupng […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content