Gold futures are edging higher on Friday after counter-trend buyers came in to defend the low of its 10-day range. Nonetheless, the market is set to finish lower for a second consecutive week as promising COVID-19 vaccine trials and U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s call to end the Federal Reserve’s key pandemic lending program eroded the bullion’s safe-haven appeal to some.
At 12:31 GMT, December Comex gold futures are trading $1863.80, up $2.30 or +0.12%. COVID-19 Vaccine Pressure
Gold took a hit earlier in the week after Moderna became the second U.S. drugmaker to announce late-stage successful vaccine trials. This follows a similar announce from Pfizer early last week. In a follow-up move, the U.S. drugmaker said on Wednesday that it was set to apply for emergency U.S. authorization after final results from its vaccine trial showed a 95% success rate with two months of safety data. Federal Reserve Stands […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content