The gold futures contract lost 0.66% on Thursday, as it further extended its short-term consolidation following last week’s Monday’s 5% sell-off. Gold sold off after global financial markets’ euphoria rally in reaction to Covid-19 Pfizer’s vaccine news release. The yellow metal has retraced all of its previous advance. It came back down to $1,850 price level, as we can see on the daily chart ( the chart includes today’s intraday data ):
Gold is 0.1% lower this morning, as it is trading along the bottom of a short-term consolidation. What about the other precious metals? Silver lost 1.64% on Thursday and today it is 0.4% higher. Platinum gained 0.06% and today it is 0.5% higher. Palladium lost 1.45% yesterday and today it’s 0.3% higher. So precious metals are mixed this morning .
Yesterday’s Unemployment Claims release has been worse than expected at 742,000. But the Philly Fed Manufacturing Index has been […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content