Gold futures are trading higher on Tuesday, supported by a plunge in the U.S. Dollar against a basket of major currencies as investors increase bets on a Joe Biden victory in today’s U.S. presidential election. Renewed interest in higher risk assets is also offsetting the impact of strict lockdowns across Europe.
With many professionals hedging the risks of the election in the Forex markets, it is my opinion that speculative money is moving into the gold market.
At 12:31 GMT, December Comex gold is trading $1901.20, up $8.70 or +0.46%. Dollar Tilts Toward Biden Win Heading into U.S. Election
Foreign exchange markets in Europe tilted on Tuesday towards pricing a victory for U.S. Democratic candidate Joe Biden against President Donald Trump despite warnings that possible post-election disputes could unleash weeks of dollar volatility.Analysts believe a Biden win would weaken the dollar as the former vice-president is expected to spend big on […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content