Uranium-Vanadium mineralisation within the adits at the base of the Rattlesnake Pit. Credit: File ASX-listed Okapi Resources has boots on the ground at its high-grade Rattler uranium project in Utah, USA with the Perth-based company’s first-pass exploration checklist at Rattler to include a detailed review of historical workings, geological mapping and rock chip sampling. Okapi anticipates wrapping up field work by the end of the year ahead of a drill campaign that is earmarked for early in the new year.
The Rattler uranium project encompasses the prized historical Rattlesnake uranium mine that churned out some 285,000 tonnes of ore at 2,800 parts per million triuranium octoxide, or “U3O8” and 10,000ppm vanadium pentoxide for 1.6 million pounds of U3O8 and 4.5 million pounds of vanadium pentoxide between 1948 and 1954.
The Rattlesnake deposit is a prime exploration target for Okapi given it presents the only outcropping deposit in the immediate area. The […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content