Okapi Resources has added scale to its North American uranium portfolio. Credit: File ASX-listed Okapi Resources has reinforced its uranium footprint in the United States after securing full ownership of 45 new mining claims and one State Mineral lease in Colorado. The acquisition stretches the boundaries of the company’s Maybell uranium project where historical production tipped the scales at 5.3 million pounds of triuranium octoxide running a solid average grade of 1300 parts per million.
The purchase also includes the procurement of an extensive historical database laden with key geological data that Okapi says will fast track the ground’s evaluation. The package includes more than 400 electronic well logs, detailed maps, geological reports and maps.
Additionally, the database holds the design, construction and operating information pertaining to the mining and uranium production operations of Union Carbide – a significant historical uranium producer in the region.
Between 1954 and 1964, Union Carbide ran […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content