Oil stages an impressive rally
The tail-chasing noise was there for all to see overnight, reaching eardrum splitting decibels. The robust US Manufacturing PMI triggered a squeeze of recent short positions. Brent crude rose 3.67% to USD39.25 a barrel overnight, all the more impressive after probing USD36.00 a barrel earlier in the session. WTI rose 3.80% to USD37.10 a barrel, having tested USD34.00 a barrel earlier in the session.
From a technical perspective, both contracts traced out bullish outside reversal days, making new lows before tracing out a higher close than the day before. WTI is testing its 200-DMA at USD37.00 a barrel, with Brent’s 200-DMA resting at USD40.40 a barrel.
The sentiment was assisted by stories circulating that Russian producers are reconsidering the scale of production increases scheduled for January. Although ignoring the fact that the government makes those decisions has certainly helped the oil rally along.In Asia, oil has […]
Click here to view original web page at www.marketpulse.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!