Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) The gold market is holding its breath before the most eventful week of the year, according to analysts.
The first week of November will not only see the most anticipated event of the year — the U.S. election, but also the Federal Reserve interest rate decision and some key datasets, including the U.S. employment figures from October.
And this is already on top of the extremely volatile price action gold has been seeing during the last week of October. The precious metal wrapped up the month by losing its key $1,900 an ounce level as prices touched a one-month low of $1,859 on Thursday. At the time of writing, December Comex gold futures were trading at $1,880.20 an ounce, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content