Engineers set off explosions to remove soil while mining for gold in a pit at the Yanacocha gold mine in Cajamarca, Peru. Operations at Yanacocha, South America’s largest gold mine, are a joint venture between Newmont, Minas Buenaventura, and International Finance Corp. Newmont is coming off a record quarter and its chief executive, Tom Palmer, is seeking to broaden the mining company’s ownership base by emphasizing its growing dividend, long-lived assets, rising free cash flow, strong corporate governance, and exposure to a higher gold price.
“Our portfolio is hitting its stride and we’ve built momentum for the fourth quarter, which will be the strongest quarter of the year,” Palmer tells Barron’s .
Palmer, 52, is a fourth-generation Australian miner who got the top job at Denver-based Newmont a year ago. Before Newmont (ticker: NEM), Palmer worked at mining giant Rio Tinto (RIO), which has significant Australian operations.
Newmont is one of the […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content