Pic: The Simpsons, 20th Century Fox. share
With the iron ore price continuing to circle the US$130/t mark it was the other commodities that did the heavy lifting for the materials sector today.
Gold miners were strong performers, with Evolution Mining (ASX:EVN) , OZ Minerals (ASX:OZL) and Northern Star Resources (ASX:NST) all among the top large cap performers on the ASX.
Rare earths miner Lynas (ASX:LYC) was also up on no news, gaining around 5%. The company has more than doubled its value in the past year as it swung from a $19 million loss to a $157 million profit on rising prices for critical minerals.But it was lithium and uranium, the two hottest metals on the market at the moment, that led the gains. Pilbara Minerals (ASX:PLS) was the champion large cap stock with its shares climbing more than 7%, adding to its near 600% jump over the past 12 […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content