Michael Goldberg is the founder and managing director of Collins St Asset Management. The fund is consistently in the top three performers Australia-wide, based on quarterly data collated in the Mercer Investment Survey. In this Stockhead series, Goldberg provides his unique insights on broader market trends, investment ideas and which sectors the Collins St fund is allocating capital to. Global markets
What’s my view on the current juncture in post-COVID markets?
Broadly speaking, I don’t have a view because markets at these levels scare me more often than not, and by some metrics it looks expensive.But when push comes to shove, our core investing approach never changes and that’s looking for quality companies that are unloved or sliding under the radar.I look at the market right now and it’s trading at about 21x earnings. Sure, rates are low and that may explain some of it but against a […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content