A growing push from local politicians and business leaders for a change to Australia’s nuclear energy policy has gained outside support from a new international report on nuclear’s importance to global energy plans.
The World Nuclear Association has found that nuclear energy supplied around 10% of the world’s electricity in 2022 and around one quarter of all low-carbon clean electricity.
The World Nuclear Performance Report 2023 also highlighted nuclear’s contribution to clean energy. Asian nuclear generation growth
The report noted that Asian nuclear generation rose by 5%, with nuclear generation in the region more than doubling over the last decade.Sama Bilbao y León, director general of World Nuclear Association, says nuclear energy is a significant requirement if the world is to meet its clean energy targets.“While growth in nuclear generation in Asia is strong, elsewhere it is not growing fast enough to address the challenges of ensuring energy security, tackling climate […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content