Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Lupaka Gold has submitted a $100 million request for arbitration before the World Bank’s International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes. The claim is in relation to a lack of support from the Peruvian government in a social conflict that has halted all work at the Invicta mine over the past two years.
The compensation claim is based on Article 36 of the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States, known as the ICSID Convention, and Article 824 of the Free Trade Agreement between Canada and the Republic of Peru.
The company said “The dispute arises out of Peru’s breaches of the FTA in relation to Lupaka’s […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content