The Russian defence ministry on January 6 released video footage of its military "peacekeeping troops" heading into Kazakhstan. All of Kazakhstan’s financial organisations including its banks and stock market remained suspended on January 6 amid the country’s social unrest , according to the press secretary of the National Bank of the Republic, Olzhas Ramazanova.
"The Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the Regulation and Development of the Financial Market and the National Bank of Kazakhstan, taking into account the conduct of counterterrorist operations … and taking into account temporary disruptions in the Internet … report the temporary suspension of the activities of all financial organisations," Khabar 24 TV channel quoted him as saying.
Ramazanova also said that the measure was aimed at protecting the life and health of employees and clients of financial institutions, although there are reports of inhabitants of the capital Nur-Sultan and largest Kazakh city and commercial […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content