Many jewellers also undercut the market by selling at lower rates by evading taxes, industry insiders said. Gold is an imported commodity and, therefore, the import price is the same across the country. But jewellery associations in different parts of the country fix different board rates, leading to multiple prices.
Kolkata: The demand for a uniform gold rate across the country is gathering pace. Jewellery chain Malabar Gold & Diamonds has introduced uniform pricing of gold across all its stores in the country, and some other jewellers plan to follow suit.Gold is an imported commodity and, therefore, the import price is the same across the country. But jewellery associations in different parts of the country fix different board rates, leading to To Read the Full Story, Become an ET Prime Member
Access the exclusive Economic Times stories, Editorial and Expert opinion
Click here to view original web page at economictimes.indiatimes.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!