‘You Chose War’: Hedge-Fund Rift Emerges From Cum-Ex Probe (Bloomberg)
A London hedge fund dispute exposed a bitter rift between two former business partners who were targeted for their alleged roles in the sprawling Cum-Ex tax scandal a year ago. Duet Group’s CEO Henry Gabay was ordered by a judge in London to pay Alain Schibl $2.5 million to cover debt outstanding from an arbitration settlement this week. The pair, who founded the London-based hedge fund together in 2002, traded insults and allegations of improper conduct at the hearing that pushed their spat into the public domain.
Blue Owl Collects $2bn for Debt-and-Equity Opportunistic Fund (Opalesque)
The alternative asset manager Blue Owl Capital Inc. has raised $2 billion for an opportunistic fund targeting both equity and debt investments. The fund, Owl Rock Opportunistic Fund, will have $2.5 billion in investable capital, including anticipated leverage, and will target investments including […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content