Pic: The Simpsons, 20th Century Fox share
Uranium prices stormed to decade highs last week of ~US$60/lb on the back of supply concerns.
Russia and its ally states in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan are major suppliers of yellowcake to nuclear facilities around the world, especially the USA, which is reliant on the nuclear industry for 20% of its power needs.
That run was remarkable in a way, coming just days after a fire caused by Russian shelling at Zaporizhzhia in Ukraine, Europe’s largest nuclear power plant, prompted meltdown fears and sent uranium stocks into a spiral. Those fears prompted WA uranium hopeful Vimy Resources (ASX:VMY) to knock down the size of a capital raising planned to deliver capital for its Mulga Rock project.But the renewed price run — at ~US$55/lb uranium is fetching three times its cyclical lows of five years ago — has finally given Boss Energy (ASX:BOE) , Australia’s […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content