(Bloomberg) — Gold’s record-breaking bull market is facing an existential question after this month’s pharmaceutical breakthroughs: what happens to the rally once Covid-19 vaccines start rolling out?
Gold is viewed by many as the archetypal haven asset, inevitably driven higher in times of turmoil. By that logic, a beginning of the end of the crisis would signal a turning point for the rally. But the precious metal also serves as a hedge against inflation . And with the massive amounts of money being poured into the global economy this year, any signs of rising consumer prices could send investors diving back to bullion.
For most of 2020, conditions could hardly have been better for gold, as the deluge of money printing, weaker dollar and global uncertainty spurred demand, driving up prices. Tumbling real U.S. Treasury rates sparked steeper gains in July and August, eventually sending spot gold to a record above […]
Click here to view original web page at www.bloombergquint.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!