An employee shows two bars of gold produced by state-owned diversified mining company PT Aneka Tambang (Antam). (kompas.com/Garry Andrew Lotulung) State-owned miner PT Aneka Tambang (Antam) has set its sights on acquiring the lucrative Wabu Block gold mine in Papua to replenish the company’s dwindling gold reserves.
Antam is already drafting a work plan for the gold-rich block in Intan Jaya regency, as the miner waits for its parent company, state-owned mining holding MIND ID, to hand over the block, according to the company.
MIND ID’s president director had previously confirmed the handover plan on Sept 29. The holding company estimates the block to contain 8.6 million ounces of gold resources.
“This will, of course, be a new hope for Antam,” Antam corporate secretary Kunto Hendrapawoko told The Jakarta Post on FridayAntam’s takeover of the Wabu Block is expected to further consolidate the company’s gold business, which contributes over 60 percent of […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content