The peak in gold prices at $2,067 coincided with the weakness in the dollar against the currency majors but there has been some revival, though not significant, in the exchange rates, in the last one month. The correction in the gold prices to $1,850 an ounce, too, was in alignment with the currency strength. It seems gold has taken support at the $1,850/1,860 levels after its downward movement.
Interest rates have been low and may continue to be so for some more time due to the slow economic growth and recovery due to the pandemic. Lower interest rates reduce the opportunity cost substantially and help gold prices to stay up. The inference that can be drawn from the Federal Reserve notes, as also those of other central banks, is that of a prolonged period of lower rates.
Apart from this, inflation, too, is showing a tendency to edge higher. The Fed […]
Click here to view original web page at www.moneycontrol.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!