A man handles gold bars and coins.
Akos Stiller | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Gold prices inched up on Monday helped by a softer dollar and mounting coronavirus cases in the United States that escalated concerns of the pandemic’s impact on the pace of economic recovery.
Spot gold was up 0.1% to $1,888.91 per ounce by 0042 GMT.U.S. gold futures were up 0.1% at $1,888.30.The dollar index was down 0.1%, while Asia’s stock markets opened higher on vaccine optimism.U.S. President-elect Joe Biden ’s top advisers called for urgent action to address the nation’s “deeply alarming” Covid-19 crisis on Sunday, while the number of infection cases in the United States crossed the 11-million mark.U.S. consumer sentiment fell unexpectedly in early November as households worried about their finances, the resurgent pandemic and the depleted fiscal stimulus, dimming the economy’s outlook.President Donald Trump on Sunday briefly acknowledged losing the U.S. election in a morning […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content