Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are sharply up in early U.S. trading Thursday, boosted in part by a falling U.S. dollar index in the wake of the U.S. elections. Some safe-haven demand in the metals is also seen as the U.S. presidential election result is still up in the air. December gold futures were last up $33.20 at $1,929.50 and December Comex silver was last up $1.032 at $24.925 an ounce.
Asian and European stock markets were mostly up overnight. U.S. stock indexes are also set to open the New York day session sharply higher. The marketplace sees better risk appetite late this week, in the wake of the U.S. elections. While it’s […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content