Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are weaker in early U.S. trading Thursday. The precious metals have been hit by a stronger U.S. dollar index this week. The precious metals have not seen much safe-haven demand amid a U.S. stock market that has become wobbly this week. December gold futures were last down $4.50 at $1,874.40 and December Comex silver was last down $0.194 at $23.16 an ounce.
There is important U.S. economic data due for release Thursday morning, including the weekly jobless claims report, which is forecast to show a rise of around 780,000 claims. The advance third-quarter GDP estimate is forecast up a record 32% from the second quarter. Pending home sales […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content