The role of insurance in dealing with the Covid-19 fallout has been underrated.
Not all nations have the same flexibility to take on debt, and that may turn to their advantage as inflation ramps up.
Some emerging economies have resorted to selling gold to help fund fiscal shortfalls.We should all look to gold as the ultimate way of self-insuring.Bailouts and stimulus are not the best solution to the Covid pandemic.What is? Insurance, perhaps.I know it’s far from perfect, but I think it could still be the best overall option.On some level, it’s surprising that the role of insurance has gotten so little attention in this crisis.After all, us and future generations will have to pay for all these massive bailouts.Of course, most of that responsibility has fallen on government so far.Some have resorted to printing, while others have turned to selling a portion of their gold reserves.In my view, that points […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content