A senior executive at BlockRock, the world’s largest asset manager, admits that Bitcoin ( BTC ) has become a permanent fixture in the global financial system, offering yet another tangible sign that the narrative surrounding digital currency has changed.
Rick Rieder, BlackRock’s CIO of Fixed Income, told CNBC on Friday that, “Bitcoin is here to stay.”
While conceding that he is not a Bitcoin bull, Rieder said the flagship currency “will take the place of gold to a large extent [because] it is so more functional than passing a bar of gold around.”
Bitcoin is sometimes referred to as “digital gold” for its unique store-of-value characteristics. Bitcoin’s most ardent proponents believe that it will eventually take a sizable portion of gold’s market cap as more investors realize its utility.Priced in gold, 1 Bitcoin is currently worth 9.961 ounces. Bitcoin priced in gold via buybitcoinworldwide.com 2020 could go down as the year that […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content