Xavier Galiana/Agence France-Presse/Getty Images The report comes a week after Pfizer PFE, +2.85% and BioNTech BNTX, +4.30% announced an experimental vaccine against COVID-19 that was at least 90% effective in Phase 3 studies, with the hopes of further progress on therapies and cures for the deadly disease overshadowing a resurgence of the spread of the infection across the globe and momentarily undercutting the appeal for precious metals overall.
December gold GCZ20, -0.01% declined $11.40, or 0.6%, to reach $1,874.80 an ounce, after the yellow metal saw a 3.4% weekly decline, based on the most-active contract, which was the largest since the week ended Sept. 25, FactSet data show.
Silver futures for December delivery SIZ20, -0.68% , meanwhile, shed 37 cents, or 1.5%, to reach around $24.41 an ounce, following its 3.5% weekly loss put in on Friday.
“Safe-haven gold fell as investors again reduced their exposure to the metal, in much a […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content