An employee displays gold bars at a Korea Gold Exchange shop in Seoul Indeed, the global tally for confirmed cases of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 climbed to 55 million on Tuesday, according to data aggregated by Johns Hopkins University , while the death toll rose above 1.3 million. In the past week, the U.S. has averaged 155,442 cases a day, up 82% from the average two weeks ago and cases are rising in 50 states and territories. There are currently a record of 73,014 COVID-19 patients in U.S. hospitals, according to the COVID Tracking Project, topping the previous record of 69,993 set a day ago.
The spread of the virus has limited the downside move for gold, even as a report on Monday confirmed success toward a vaccine to combat the deadly pathogen.
The latest news on Monday from Moderna indicated that its two-shot vaccine candidate so far in late-stage […]
Click here to view original web page at www.marketwatch.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!