Representative Image. Gold inched lower on Tuesday as optimism over an effective Covid-19 vaccine offset concerns facing its eventual rollout, a subdued dollar and bets for further monetary support as infections surged in Europe and the United States.
Spot gold fell 0.1 per cent to $1,887.40 per ounce by 1156 GMT, but held in a tight $9 range. US gold futures eased 0.1 per cent to $1,886.20. "Gold is mirroring the reaction of really everybody watching the evolution of the vaccines," and the positive news is clearly keeping a cap on the gold market, said Robin Bhar, an independent analyst.
"But it’s still a long way to go" and long term factors, including likely inflation down the road, continue to be supportive for gold, Bhar added. Also stemming bullion’s downside, the dollar index was down 0.3 per cent. Gold shed as much as 1.3 per cent on Monday after Moderna said […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content