Gold prices reversed course on Monday, tumbling lower and testing support, as the dollar rose and US yields surged. The 10-year US treasury yield surged higher on Monday rising to 95-basis points, a robust 14-basis point climb. US yields rose following news that Pzifer announced that it had great success with its COVID-19 vaccine. The 90% success rate help buoy the equity markets putting upward pressure on US yields. This helped buoy the dollar paving the way for lower gold prices.
Trade gold with FXTM Technical analysis
Gold prices reversed its upward climb and tumbled on Monday. Prices sliced through support near the 50-day moving average at 1,900, which is now seen as short-term resistance. Prices appear to have bounced just ahead of support near the September lows at 1,848. Short-term momentum is negative as the fast stochastic generated a crossover sell signal. Medium-term momentum has turned neutral and is […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content